In many doctors, dentists and therapists offices, TMJ Disorder is treated with medication, such as muscle relaxants or pain killers, and with splinting, an oral “appliance” or mouth guard to hopefully help minimize symptoms or pain, muscle tension or jaw popping temporarily.
TMJ and other Facial Pain always happens for a reason! The problems with many traditional methods of treatment is that they simply attempt to treat your symptoms while potentially ignoring the real, true cause!
Did You Know that…
- TMJ Disorder is highly associated with a spinal disorder called “CK with Spinal Distress” as well as a postural disorder simply called “Forward Head Posture” or FHP?
- Much of the time, TMJ symptoms such as pain, tension and popping are treated while the real, true cause remains unaddressed.
- TMJ Disorder is highly associated with certain spinal disorders called “CK with Spinal Distress” as well as a postural disorder simply called “Forward Head Posture” or FHP?
- There is a high correlation between the incidence of TMJ Disorder and Headaches. Each condition can potentially result in the other.
- You must address ALL aspects of the true cause of TMJ Disorder in order to achieve proven, long-lasting relief!